Axel Thoms Lebensrettungseinrichtungen GmbH – Escape Ladders
The Modum Escape ladder provides an elegant solution for self-rescue in case of emergency.
The Escape ladder can be used to leave the building in case of fire. The Modum Escape ladder can as well serve as a “secret” emergency exit, which is not visible from the outside, in case of burglary / intrusion.
The compact dimensions of the ladder in its closed condition prevent it from being perceived as a ladder and rather considered to be a rain pipe.
Dimensions closed: 72 mm x 47 mm
Dimensions opened: 398 mm x 47 mm
Moreover, the ladder can be adapted to the facade (multi-colored, if necessary).
Advantages of the Modum Escape ladder
- Handling is easy and quick – within a few seconds.
- We recommend the ladder especially for smaller user groups and low heights.
- A fall protection harness is optionally available for the Modum ladder.
- The Modum ladder is made of anodized aluminum and is therefore completely weatherproof and extremely durable. The connecting elements are stainless steel.
- The Modum ladder has a vertical load capacity of approximately 5 kN ~ 500 kg per meter.
- The steps have an anti-slipping profile.
- Because the ladder remains closed when not in use, the steps are always free of ice.
- The Modum ladder has been tested by TÜV (German first national certification body) and has been awarded the GS certification (approved for user safety).
- The ladder is endorsed by the Employer’s Liability Insurance Association for self-rescue even at climbing heights of more than 5m.
- Multiple floors can be served by one ladder. Descent is possible at any time from any floor, but unintentional ascent is not possible.
- It is impossible to open the Modum ladder from the ground.
- Alternatively, the Modum ladder is also available as an inspection ladder with a lock cylinder for opening from ground level.
The Modum ladder is made individually for the client.
A wide range of models and options is available for various applications